Here goes my entry:
What is my dream carrier?
It must be an SSC (soft structured carrier).
Why I choose SSC and why is it important to me?
- Safety: Provides safety to my baby. Wearing my baby is the best thing to do when no one is around to look after him/her while I am busy doing house chore or especially when we are travelling. Letting a small child to walk on his/her own is exposing him/her to unwanted incident i.e. falling down, hit by vehicle or even worst; kidnapped.
- Bonding: Babywearing generally is meant to establish bonding between parent and the child. The closer the baby to the parent, the tighter the relationship would be.
- Two-shoulder carrier: I need a two-shoulder carrier which is able to spread my baby’s weight evenly between the two shoulders. Hence it won’t put pressure to any single shoulder.
- Health: As a mother who suffers from post pregnancy back strain prolongs illness, an SSC will not worsen my problem. It allows me to enjoy babywearing like most mothers should.
- Ergonomic: It is designed to sit my baby in an ergonomic position a baby should i.e. M-position where the legs are supported until below the knee. My baby’s leg will not be dangling or hanging on without any rest.
- Easy to wear: An SSC is installed with buckles. Hence no more threading and tying. All I need to do is cinch the strap and fasten the buckles and I am good to go.
- Easy storage: SSC can be folded compactly and neatly. It does not need a big storage area.
- Sharing: My husband and I can share it as he did not master any other carrier other than SSC. Hence, he can show his support to babywearing too.
- Versatile: Babywearing in an SSC is the most versatile trend for a modern parent who applies natural parenting as a way of life.
This is my own dream SSC design:
- Standard size/length minimum curve shoulder strap.
- Standard size/length minimum curve 3-piece waist strap.
- 15.5” H x 16” W of body panel.
- 2.5” H curve headrest – solid colour with name embroidery.
- Solarveil in the middle of body panel – white colour.
- Minimal seat dart to provide comfy seating.
- Fabric chest strap.
- Webbing keeper.
- Cushy padded both shoulder and waist strap.
- Webbing from fabric to ensure only fabric touches my tender baby’s skin.
- Detachable hoodie hood from Solarveil to ensure air circulation.
- High quality buckles.
Print / colour:
Straps: Deep orange – my favourite colour.
Print: Alexander Henry Orange Lou Lou.
Which prize I wish to win from this contest?
The Stork from Snuggbaby.com.
Why I want to win this?
- Definitely because it is an SSC!
- It is my way of supporting local made product.
- To encourage more Malaysian mothers to initiate baby carrier business.
- I want to feel how comfy of Snuggbaby products.
- I want to prove that local made product is as good as imported brand.
- I can promote babywearing to my family, friends and the society.
- At the same time, I can promote Snuggbaby products.
- Snuggbaby is carefully designed with safety as its priority and sewn with love.
- I love Snuggbaby’s creative and trendy hand-works creation.
With this I ended my contest entry. I wish I could win the prize. Wish me luck!
Do join the Great CD Change KL which is happening on earth day to show our support of Green & Healthy living and visit the bazaar; GCDC's Eco & Health Friendly Sales Bazaar. Both will be happening on 23rd April 2011. For more info, please click on the link above.